Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yay - I managed to post again!

I've been struggling to post since Monday night! There's something wrong with my internet browser on my home PC or something - grrr - sooooo frustrating.

Anyway - I'm on my work PC now - so here's a quick update:

Monday: 16/6/08 - I enjoyed a wonderfully peaceful public holiday with Leon. Went for a fun drive in the Vredefort Dome near Parys where he lives. Such a beautiful area! I took a couple of photos at the Vaal River and on our way back we saw some Giraffe at a game farm - he had to stop so I could snap them. (sorry - I didn't save the photos of the Giraffe on my memory stick - will post later)

Back at home I saw a butterfly in the garden and since I was in picture taking mode, I ran for my camera and my new macro lens and took some more snaps. When the butterfly decided to take of, I decided to get up close and personal with the lavenders! :)















I made this digi layout for Kim's Challenge #2 on her site . I so wanted to do a paper lo for this one but since I was nowhere near my stash I had to opt for digi. Still tried to stick with the elements that she called for though - multiple pics, ink/paint and stitching.
Tuesday: 17/6/08 - Spent the day (not so peacefully!) at work. Took the kids out to dinner to celebrate Michael's b-day. Spent the rest of the evening struggling to get my PC to cooperate - grrr!
So - now it's Wednesday already and I feel like the week is running away with me! Just got great news from Kim - I won the RAK for her challenge #2! Yay! I needed some good news! Thanks Kim! Your next challenge sounds great too. I love bling but never use it on my lo's - think I'm going to go all out with this one! Watch this space! :) :) :)

3 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

Beautiful photos Michelle! You are having such fun with your new camera and you appear to have taken to blogging like the proverbial duck to water!! :)

SABEE said...

I am glad you updated your blog. The photo's of the butterfly are fab..

Kim Watson said...

Hey Mich! I thought you weren't blogging so I didn't bother checking in haha! sorry man!!

Your photo's are amazing....WOW!

I will get you package into the post on Monday...WD for winning the RAK!
X