You can click here or on the image to take you to the download link. (link expired)
Thursday, July 31, 2008
You can click here or on the image to take you to the download link. (link expired)
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
You can click on the image or here (link expired) to take you to the download link. And by the way - I received messages from a whole lot of girls who can't open my .rar files. Good news - you don't have to buy WinRAR. You can download Zipeg for free! Just click on the link in my sidebar that says Soft82. With this cute little piece of software you will be able to unzip not only .zip files but also .rar files and if you can believe them - a whole lot of other archival files too!
Now I'm off to spend a little bit of cuddle time with my boys! :)
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Here's a closer look:
You can click here (link expired) or on the picture to take you to the download link.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Here is my LO for the challenge: Now I think it's time for another freebie - I haven't done one in what - 2 weeks - I think! I'm busy working on it and all I'm gonna say for now is that it's something that I promised I would do when I posted my second freebie. You'll just have to come back again later to see! ;o)
This weekend is our "no-kids" weekend. Yesterday Leon and I went to the "Bundu" Expo in Pretoria. He was in heaven amongst all the hunting, fishing and nature conservation exhibits. Bought a lot of books and DVD's and I got a pair of "proper" Wolverine hiking boots just like these:
Can't wait to try them out somewhere in the great outdoors! :)
I will try to make the best of the time that I have today and do as much creative things as humanly possible. So watch this space - I'll be back!!!!!! :D
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I also love these prints by Carambatack DesignThat's all for now - off to bed for me. Nighty night! :)
Sunday, July 20, 2008
* took a fun drive about with Leon and the kids in the beautiful beautiful area surrounding Parys! We had a picnic at a spot with an awesome view!
* took photos until my memory card was all filled up
* heard the breathtaking call of a fish eagle+
* gave a loaf of bread and all the left overs from our picnic to a homeless man
* hugged my kids at least a dozen times
* said goodbye to Leon who is away for 3 days (again!) - this time for work.
Here's a pic of the kids today - resting a while (they were always on the run!) and enjoying the view. I haven't done an entry in my gratuity journal for some time and today I want to say thank you for only one thing. This time it's a big thing - a really, really big thing. Thank you Lord for the wonderful privilege that I have to live in a country as beautiful as South Africa! Thank you for blessing me with not only one but FIVE senses to enjoy Your beautiful Creation! :) :) :) :)
The rules as I understand them are...I answer the questions below and tag 5/6 folk by visiting their blogs and inviting them to visit my blog so they can see what needs to be done. Here we go...
Ten Years ago: That would be 1998 – Marco was born in January that year, which means that I was on maternity leave for half of that year. I’m sure most of you will know what a mother does in the first year of her new baby’s life and on top of that I had another two and a half year old boy demanding attention. I was BUSY alright – VERY busy!
Five things in today's "to do" list:
Yay – it’s Sunday so my to-do list (actually I don’t have one) is filled with nice things1) Make breakfast for the family. Tick2) Go for a fun drive to a nearby nature reserve3) Take lots of photos4) Do grocery shopping for the week.5) Watch the Sunday night premier movie on TV.
Snacks I enjoy: Cheese of any kind! My favourite at to moment is Camembert cheese with macadamia and Cashew nuts and fig preserve – yum!
Things I would do if I was a millionaire:
I would travel the world and take photos as I go along
I would have all the scrapping time I want and all the supplies to match
I would give generously to the poor – even now I feel so guilty for enjoying all my wonderful blessings while others can’t even fulfill their basic needs
Places I have lived:
Only South Africa – in the following towns:
A farm near Klerksdorp in the Northwest Province
Klerksdorp, Northwest Province
Potchefstroom, Northwest Province
Now – part time Parys, Freestate
Now, I think I am supposed to tag 5 more people so I choose...
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Now it's blissfull Saturday evening and we're all busy with things we love :)
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
I started exercising again on Monday and this time I really hope I can keep it up. So far so good - I went every afternoon after work this week. I go to Curves not far from my house and I must say - their approach to fitness really suit me - 30 minutes 3 times a week is not unattainable - even for me.
I try to give my eyes some rest from the computer screen, so unfortunately I haven't been playing with my favourite toy - Photoshop - for days. Instead I've been reading a bit. I know that also puts strain on my eyes but not as much as PS and there's no way that I can just do nothing! I'm busy reading Spud. I love this book! It's so entertaining! Can't wait to finish it so I can start reading the sequel - "The Madness Continues". Wish I had more time for reading!
Great news is that Leon passed his PH (Professional Hunter) course - with flying colours I have to add! Congratulations my love - I'm so proud of you! XO
Best news of all - he's coming home tomorrow! Yay!!!!
One last thing - have you seen this - Postcrossing:
I think it's a cool idea to send and receive real postcards to and from all over the world. You subscribe - request an address - look at the profile of the person - then write and send a postcard to that person. For each postcard that you send you will get one in return. Cool hey! I just love getting "real" post in the mail and if it can be pretty postcards with pretty stamps on it from countries that I didn't even know existed - so much better! My problem now is to find pretty postcards to send off - can you believe that in my boring old town I can't find one postcard that has a picture on it - not a single one. I'm sure I will find some in Parys or else I'll have to print my own.
All for now - I'm off to bed now.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
It's Saturday so I don't really mind the cold. I can stay indoors and play with pixels all day long! Photoshop is so amazing and I can colour my world any way I want!. I decided that pink would be perfect to give colour to my grey day. Here is the LO that I made. I just love this photo of Celine!
You're welcome to join in the pink happiness and download my Pretty in Pink set here (link expired) for free .
Thursday, July 10, 2008
1. My neighbours have an Alsatian dog. I'm sure if you have neighbours with an Alsatian dog I don't have to tell you that those dogs have the most irritating bark in the whole world. Don't get me wrong - I really, really, really love animals and I'm crazy about dogs - even Alsatians. I am however not so crazy about their non-stop barking, for no reason on earth, from 2 am to 6 am when I try to get my last bit of much needed sleep before I have to get up for work. As I lied in my bed getting more and more irritated by the minute I realised that the only reason why I have to listen to the barking is because I'm blessed with the wonderful gift of hearing! How dull life would be without it - no music, no sound of my kids laughter, no birds singing? I'd rather endure the dogs barking and enjoy all those other sounds than live in a silent world without barking dogs!
2. My house is a constant source of frustration. If it's not the geyser that doesn't want to heat up, it's the light fitting that falls out of the ceiling because the people who fixed the geyser stepped on it while they fixed the geyser. If it's not that it's the hinges on a closet door that breaks off and I don't have a clue how to fix it so the door stands on one side - always in the way and the closet is a gaping hole full of the kids' clothes sticking out of it. I have to get an electrician and a carpenter to come and fix these things - all in one week! Just 2 weeks ago it was a blocked drain ... and so it goes on and on! But you know what - I only have these "household" irritations because I'm blessed to have a beautiful home where I can live with my kids. A small price to pay for such a huge blessing!
3. My alarm clock - I just hate that thing! I seriously think that some day I'm going to throw it against the wall into a million pieces - I felt like doing so at least a million times. That's until I realise that hearing the alarm clock go off means that God has given me the gift of yet another day in which I can live, love, laugh. It also means that I'm blessed to have a job and kids to take care of and that's why I have to get up at 6 o'clock. It's a blessing to have a purpose in life!
4. My kids are at a stage where they are almost constantly fighting. They can get into each others hair about the silliest things! It's so frustrating and irritating for me to witness this constant fighting and yakking! The only thing that keeps me sane is the realisation that this is normal. They are normal! I would definitely not prefer them to be quiet, scared or sick kids who never fight. I know that they love each other dearly and that they're actually best friends. Thank you Lord for my healthy, normal forever bickering boys! :)
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
So - today was the day I had to go. I could choose between a pedi, mani or facial - I chose the facial. What a nice treat it was! Thanks Woollies! :)
I made a page about our love for sushi. Yes - we all love it - including the kids!
I made the textured japanese paper myself and just because I'm in a giving mood you can have it if you want! You can download the full 12 x 12 paper as well as the bracket cut paper here. (link expired)
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
I can't wait to get the prints and get it framed. I can already imagine what it will look like up on my wall! Not sure where I want to put it but I'll surely find a special place for it somewhere in my new home.
What a great day we had! The kids couldn't agree on which movie they wanted to watch, so we went to see different movies in the end! Van you believe that I allowed my baby to sit in the movie theatre all by himself. Michael and I went to see Hancock (what a great movie!)
while Marco went to see Kung Fu Panda.
Afterwards we went for lunch at the Wimpy and highlight of the day - Mozart ice cream for desert - yum
Afterwards I took the kids to one of the museums in Potchefstroom. Marco actually nagged me to take them and we all enjoyed it so much!
Wish I could spend more days like this with my kids!
Tonight we'll sleep over in Parys at Leon's house (did I mention that I miss him terribly!) Tomorrow we'll go home and hopefully feel like we've had a little teeny weeny holiday! :)
Monday, July 7, 2008
(sorry - all link have expired)
Orange Number Lace Paper
Pink-Red Number Lace Paper
Plum Number Lace Paper
Turkois Number Lace Paper
All I ask in return is that you share your lo's with me once you've used it - pretty please!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
I'm so grateful to still have my mom and for the wonderful upbringing that I got from her. I know that a lot of blessings that I enjoy are because of her never ending prayers for her children.
I love you mom!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
This time I took the photos for Jessica's It's Real Life challenge at my own house and of my own bedroom. It's really feminine to say the least - all pink and frilly and full of teddys and handbags and girly stuff. I guess all that will change soon but as long as it lasts - I love my bedroom just as it is!
Here is one that I took this morning before I made the bed - I guess that's what this challenge is all about - show it like it is.
This is the view from my bedroom window - my front yard. Nothing closely resembling the beautiful view that Jessica has but I lot of good memories have been made under that tree! That's the place where we have braais (barbecue) and spend a lot of time in summer just chatting to friends while the kids play in the garden.
OK - now my bed is all made up - looks a bit better hey? I love stuffed animals - told you I'm just a little girl at heart. This is my dresser - full of "stuff" - too much I know but I just can't get rid of any of it. Even my mothers day gift and card are still on there!
This is an arrangement of some pretty pictures on my wall. The long stem roses is a cross stitch that I made myself. This is the guardian angel above my bed. These are my pj's - I love them - so comfy and cozy! This one is my favourite - I adore that little owl. Think I'm gonna try to recreate this cute little owl in Photoshop.
That's it for now. On my way to go take a peek into the other bedrooms ...