Friday, July 24, 2009

What a week!

Phew! What a week! I'm soooo glad that it's Friday.

Clearly my life is back to "normal" which means running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off! Leon is back from his trip and the kids are back at school. At work I had literally a million things to do because ... and this is where I start having difficulty breathing ... I'm not going to be at work for 6 weeks! Yip - I know it may sound like heaven to be able to stay at home for 6 weeks but the reason for my absence is not so thrilling.

I have to go for a hysterectomy on Tuesday (28/7). I am sooo scared of the operation and the recovery too.I used to think that I'm a tough chick who can handle pain without too much fuss but through the years I've realised that I'm not as though as I like to think.

I try to focus on the possitive things like being able to catch up on my reading list (first week or two), then using up some of my ever growing scrappy stash (hopefully by week 3), then getting some sewing done by week 4 or 5.

Everybody tells me that you feel very weak and tired for up to 4 weeks afterwards. To me this sounds horrible. I'm just not the kind of person who can lie in bed for such a long time! Let alone not being able to get out of the house for so long! I get claustrophobic after staying home for a day!

Sooo - what I need is all your prayers that all will go well with my op and that I will maintain my sanity during the recovery stay-at-home period.

Hopefully it won't be long before I'll be able to sit in front of my PC for long enough to update my blog.

Not sure if I'll be able to blog this coming weekend cause I have so many things I want to get done in and around the house. I also try to think and plan ahead and stock up on things as far as I can.

I found a wonderfull site with online support to woman going for hysterectomies called hystersisters. I found a lot of practical pre and post op advise on there. I just love how the internet opens up the world!

So watch this space (or my Facebook page). I will try to post an update as soon as physically possible.

Hugs
Michelle

6 comments:

Jacqui Bourne said...

Sending you lots of love and prayers!!!! Hoping you'll get over your op soon and be able to catch up with all the things you would love to do at home..... Hugs to you!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am glad that you DH is back...I can't function when mine is away. Will be thinking of you and praying for you next week and that you will have a speedy recovery. I am sure that you will keep us up to speed as things progress.

Just remember that the Lord is in control and that He will carry you safely through this.

Tertia said...

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers! You ARE a 'tuff cookie' and if I know you a little, I know that you won't be lying in bed wallowing in self pity for too long. You should try to milk it for all it is worth for at least a week or two! LOl It is not every day a girl gets to let others do things for her, do enjoy it for a while at least!
Had a very good friend that started scrapping by week 3 and there has been no stopping her since. I think the worst is that you can't just get in your car and go where you want to when you want to - that would drive me dilly.
Strongs my friend. Sure everything will be fine.

Stefanie said...

Shame, a friend of mine had one earlier this year and she took it very slow. Pj's for the first 2 weeks, friends made meals etc.
She loves not menstruating any more though...that's gotta be a positive.

Desire Fourie said...

Hi Michelle. By now you probably over over the worst. I trust that everything went well and that you are already recovering at home. Thinking of you.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Desire

Melanie said...

I hope all goes well with your surgery & recovery! I'll keep you in my prayers!
Melanie