Friday, September 5, 2008

Casual Day :o)

Today is Casual Day in South Africa. For all my non-SA blog readers, Casual Day is a {FUN}draising project benefiting persons with disabilities. Each year we call upon everybody to dress differently on the first Friday of September and to wear the Casual Day sticker to show their support for disabled people.

This year the theme is “Wake up for people with disabilities”The idea is that you have to wear your PJ’s to work. I have a bunch of fun girls in my office and we all decided to go big with this one – jeans with PJ tops, slippers, lots of pony tails with ribbons (my scrapbooking ribbons of course!) in our hair, false eye lashes, freckles and BIG earrings.

This is what I looked like this morning when I took the kids to school

The kids had to wear “funny hats” to school. Marco decided to stitch flowers and buttons to his hat (clearly a scrapbookers son). He even tried to stitch it himself but in the end mommy had to finish the job.

Michael (being a fishing fanatic) decided to hang all kinds of fishing thingys from his hat with fishing line. Here’s a closer look at my hair do.
And here are all the girls in my office, all dolled up for the occasion! I have to say that I can get used to wearing slippers to work every day – they’re soooo comfy!

10 comments:

The ScrapFan said...

o bokkie - julle lyk almal so vrek oulik!

Jacqui Bourne said...

Very cute!!! We had pyjama day at a preschool where I help out sometimes and low and behold I would be helping out when it was pyjama day. We had to wear full on gown, pj's and slippers. I felt so sleepy and lethargic by mid morning. It felt like I should be getting ready for be. Funny how what you wear impacts on how you feel. Have fun!!!!!

Desire Fourie said...

This is so great that us SA's have got such spirit. Way to go girl.

Stefanie said...

How come I don't know anything about this in Cape Town? Clearly it hasn't reached this side of the Orange river yet. LOL. You all look very cute.

eilandkind/islandchild said...

Oulik! Michael lyk soos 'n Ozzie ;)
Geniet jou naweek wegbrekie.

Sophia said...

Oh what fun...wish we did that too today, oh well, this is always next year!

Tracy said...

Looks like loads of fun - I don't work so I don't get to dress up - does staying in my jammies until 10am count???? tee hee ....

BTW, hope you had a fantastic, relaxing weekend ...

Love, Tracy G

karin said...

This is amazing, looks like you girls had so much fun!
take care
k
xx

CathQuillScrap said...

Wearing pjs and slippers should be madatory on Fridays... oh and anytime we scrap... sooooooooooo comfortable!

Kim Watson said...

Hahahah! I love the piggy tails & freckles....you guys have a wonderful working environment, to be able to do fun stuff like this.
X