Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Out of hibernation

Eish - I' know I'm the worst blogger ever!  Always lots of excuses.  This time I guess I can blame it on the winter.  It's been so cold and I just felt like doing as little as possible for as long as possible.  Anybody who know me know that that is sooo not what I'm like but this winter was just too much for me.  Have to admit that it was not only the cold but a lot of other "stuff" that dragged me down too. 

But now I feel sufficiently hibernated and slowly but surely I'm getting ready to shed the woolly (or shall I say flabby?) winter layers.  Unfortunately I not only talking about jerseys and jackets.  I've picked up soo much weight and I fell real yukky about it.  Will have to take drastic measures here.

On the home, or more specifically the garden, front - we've made steady progress during the winter.  The pool is completed and we liked it so much that we decided to ask the same guy to build a fishpond / water feature for us as well.  They've completed that today and it looks great!  Now I really can't wait for summer to start planting grass and get the rest of the garden done.

One thing that I did while in hibernation (that is apart from dragging myself to work and back every day!) was reading.  I finished a couple of books this winter including the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larson.  I loved all 3 books:



After that I read "A Dark Dividing" by Sarah Rayne.  It was okay but nothing spectacular.  I think I might've enjoyed it more if I read it before the Stieg Larson books.
Now I'm busy reading "The Hobbit" after which I plan to tackle "The Lord of the Rings"

I ordered "Eat, Pray, Love" so I might read that first before I start The Lord of the Rings.

On the creative side things have been just as slow :( My mojo went into hibernation too!) Last week I decided to get my A in G and booked for art classes over the weekend. It was pure bliss to have a paintbrush in my hand again after 7 months of nothing! I've started another huge canvas. It's going to be another surprise painting for Leon, so shhh - don't say a word! :)

I'm really exited about the Scrapbook Convention that I signed up for.  It's going to be held in Jo'burg on 11 and 12 September.  It will be my very first 2 day convention so I'm a little scared as well.  The class info that we received look absolutely fabulous! 

 
I'm off to bed now.  Next time I'll be back with some unposted layouts and photos.


9 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

About time! You were missed;-D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Have missed you girl!! Glad to see you back!!! Loving the books you got and hope all is better for you soon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amanda Dovey said...

Hi Michelle!!! been following your blog for a while and great that you are back! See you at ScrapbookEX ;-)

Tertia said...

Yay! See you at convention! Can't wait either. I am in group A, which one are you in?

SABEE said...

Hi Mich.... so glad to see some news from you.... cant wait to see the photo's of your pool and garden and how its come on .... enjoy the convention. Wish I was there ! xxxx Bee

Sophia said...

Nice to see you back...are you going to the convention on your own or not...? See you there!!!

voodoo vixen said...

Yay, so glad you decided to come out of hibernation Mich!! Look forward to seeing the canvas and other stuff you get up to!

Jacqui Bourne said...

Yay!! So glad you're out of hibernation.. Been missing you! Glad you're going to the convention. Will keep a look out for you.... :o)

Sophia said...

How funny, just started reading the 1st of Steig Larsson's Trilogy, borrowed from my FIL...so far so good!!!