Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sneeking back in …

I’m just going to slip this post in here as if nothing happened – maybe nobody will notice that I’ve been absent (once again!) for more than a month!!!

This is what my backyard looked like a week or so ago:

And this is what it looks like now:

Not much better but we’re getting there! Hopefully we’ll be able to enjoy all this by Springtime which is around September .

Last week was a horrible week! My handbag was stolen with (what felt like) my entire life inside it!!!!! Apart from the cash (which was quite substantial for me!), I lost: my wallet, cellphone (with all my contacts – I don’t have it backed up!), ID book, drivers license, all my bank cards + loyalty cards, glasses (this was the most expensive to replace), the book I was busy reading (The monk who sold his Ferrari), makeup + countless business cards with contacts that I will have a really hard time to get hold of again!

The very next day, just when I thought I had my share of bad luck, a guy came to my house to tell me that a car has hit Marco while he was driving his bicycle home from school. I almost had heart failure! By the grace of God the car hit his rear wheel and he only sustained minor injuries from falling from the bike. My first emotion was relief which turned into anger at the driver of the car but soon I realized that it won’t do anybody any good to be angry. Now I’m just soooooo grateful that my boy is ok.

This is what his bike looked like:


Winter is really creeping in now and however hard I worked to get at least one part of my garden growing , everything just seem to stagnate at this stage. Now I’m only trying to get everything covered up to protect it against the cold. I’m so looking forward to Spring this year – more so than ever before!

Our little fairy baby Leeloo was Christened in April.  She had a long fairy dress and we added wings but only for a quick photo shoot.  She looked soooooo cute!!!


I made this little card for her with a special message inside:

I haven’t been able to scrap a lot lately but I managed to finish a couple of  pages.  Here are 2 of them.  I'll take photos of the others and will post them next time.



Bye for now! :)

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

We did miss you.
Your backgarden is going to look stunning in a few months.
So sorry about your boy and your handbag. I can't imagine losing all that.

Jacqui Bourne said...

So glad you're back!!! Missed you! Sorry to hear about your handbag and your boy!!! So happy though that he's ok!!!! Your back garden is coming along nicely! Will be STUNNING in the springtime!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am so so so so sorry to hear about your purse and the bike accident!! glad to hear he is okay!!! I love love love love the card and those lo's!!! U always amaze me! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Missed you my friend...and you did not sneak back unnoticed;-D

Awful losing your handbag and contents...I can't imagine the mess and time it will take to get cards stopped, id's and drivers license and the rest.

So glad your son was not seriously hurt. I agree with Stef...your garden is going to be stunning in no time.

CathQuillScrap said...

Nice to see you back in blog land... and no wonder you were missing with a backyard like yours... hope that dust didn't end up inside too!

Yummy Mummy said...

Hhmmm, did wonder where you had gotten to!

Glad you're back.

Sorry to hear about the bag etc - i know the feeling. It is horrid. Never mind trying to replace everything!

Your pool area is going to be divine!

karin said...

your backyard went from ouch to wow! Glad yr son is ok!
love
k
xx