Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lazy Sunday ...

Can't remember when last I had such a lazy Sunday!  Only time I went out of the gate was to fetch fast food!  Actually it's been a rather productive day as I sorted out my photos for the Scrapbooking convention that's coming up in 2 weeks time.  I managed to get photos for 10 of the 12 pages done.  Hope to finish the other 2 sets of photos done before the end of today too.

Céline decided that today was the day to break the ice and take the first swim in the swimming pool.  The water temperature was only 17 degrees C, but that didn't seem to bother her too much.  They boys will be sorry that they missed this event!


As you can see the back garden is still non existent.  We're waiting for September to arrrive before we plant the grass and rest of the plants.

In my previous post I told you about the fish pond that we built - also in the back yard.  This is what it looks like:

It's been about 10 days since we first put water in the pond and today Leon bought the first three koi fish.
It looks like they're enjoying their new home.

I haven't done any scrapping in ages, but I still have photos of a couple of layouts that I finished a couple of months ago:
 As you can see  - I love using my Cuttlebug to create titles,

Now that I've seen these finished pages, my fingers itch to get scrapping again. Too bad I won't have time to get something done today still. 

I really want to start spinning again this week.  Don't know how I will get the energy and willpower to start but I guess I'll just have to get up and do it.  Wish me luck! :)

8 comments:

Sophia said...

We also had a very relaxing Sunday, felt great to chill. Loving your LOs great job, still need to get my photos together...

So glad you will be sitting at our table at the convention, will be great to finally meet up with you!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Great photos and LOVING your pond!!! And those lo's ARE GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE the colors and the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Shayne said...

Welcome back to blogland! Nice to see you around again. YOu do still have the link to my other blog? Let me know if you don't.

Cannot believe your daughter was swimming - i get the shivers thinking about it!

I love the last LO - so pretty and feminine!

Amanda Dovey said...

I love the layouts and well done on getting all those photos ready!!!

CathQuillScrap said...

Love your layouts... so clever. I sort of started looking for my photos yesterday but am nowhere near ready with anything! Thanks too for the visit to my blog.

Kim Watson said...

Beautiful pages Michelle. Love the subtle texture from sanding.

tania said...

cutest layouts:)
ahh,wish i could make the convention, but it always colides with my daughter's cross country championchips.
that pool and pond looks lovely:)
can't wait to get to parys sooon, we have not been there for ages!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love that fishpond...your garden is going to look gorgeous once you have the grass in and do the flowerbeds.

Great layouts, I love the last one of the sleeping child.