Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Convention

The Scrapbook Convention came and went way too fast. Now it feels like I only dreamt it! Luckily I have some photo evidence to proof that I was really there - and that Tim Holtz was really there too! :)
He is such a sweet guy and sooooooo talented. I love his grungy way of scrapping and altering stuff. His products are so innovative – a clever twist on all the old stuff.

This is the mini album that I made in his class.
We also had another class presented by Jayme Shepherd from Making Memories. I love MM products and they were soooo generous. I took home LOTS of stuff to play with.

Best part of the day was that I got to spend it with my bestest friend in the world – Tanya! Unfortunately I don’t have the photo of the two of us on my flash disc at the moment so I will have to add it later.

On the home front things are looking good. They only need to paint the roof and do a little bit here and there – then all the building will be complete.

Thereafter we still need to build the pool and re-do the old bathrooms in the house. Don’t know if I can go through another mess in my house but I guess I’ll just have to bite the bullet. I will cross that bridge when I get to it though!

I’ve been reprimanded about the lack of posts on my blog by a couple of people – including a lurker on my blog that I met at the convention (hello Elzanna ;o) I will really try to be a better blogger. I don’t even have time these days to read my favourite blogs but I promise to try to post at least once a week.

In the meantime – whatever you do - have fun!

3 comments:

jacki janse van rensburg said...

it was an awesome event, and it was soooo nice to meet you!

and it is great to see you here again...

Sophia said...

Hey, did you not just love Timmy, he was totally awesome in his class, well worth every penny...lol We sure did get loads of loot too...

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, I am green with envy seeing you up close and personal with Tim. It sure looks like he really inspired a lot of girls. Keep well. Hugs from Desire