Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update on the chaos ...

When we came home on Friday – this is what was parked on our front lawn – or should I rather say – the little bit that’s left of our front lawn!
A huge front loader. I don’t have a clue what they intend doing with it – too scared to ask!

They’re making steady progress. All the concrete foundations are done and they started building the first couple of layers of bricks to finish off the slabs. The entire place is a mess and we can hardly reach our backdoor. Our front door is a total no-go at this stage.
Over the weekend we went shopping for tiles, light fittings (I found a couple of beeeeoootiful ones!) and doors.

I’m so excited and exhausted at the same time. There are still a whole lot of stuff to buy and arrange but it feels like we’re slowly but surely getting this thing under control.

On Sunday we went out for supper at my all time favorite restaurant – Primi Piatti and I decided to go all out and celebrate my 10 kg weight loss goal. I had the most devine pasta dish with a creamy gorgonzola sauce and utterly sinful chocolate brownies for desert! It’s honestly the very first time that I’ve cheated since I started my diet 2 moths ago. I actually don’t even regard this as cheating because I made a conscious decision to eat what I want. Will have to see what the real price is I’ll have to pay when I go weigh in on Thursday!

I took these photos on Sunday afternoon of Celine while she was riding one of her horses – yes – she’s one lucky girl who owns two of her own horses! She loves horses and has been riding since she was about 4. She looks like she was born on the back of a horse!

Back to work for me now. Hope all of you are having a great time scrapping and enjoying life!

6 comments:

CathQuillScrap said...

Boy oh boy I don't envy you your building chaos. Good luck!

Michelle Ramsay said...

You know they mean business when a big machine like that parks in your yard. Happy building!!!

Well done on the weight loss and don't feel bad about what you ate - sometimes it is good to have a pigout - gets the body working again!!

Kim Watson said...

Goodness it looks as if things are moving along swiftly. It'll be great to see the end result.
Hope your week is going well.
X

Desire Fourie said...

Wow, good luck with all that renovating, but see it as an exciting event which will take you to an even more satisfying end results.

Celine does look like a natural on that horse child, but I am just a bit worried that she was not wearing a helmet ... I am sure she usually does.

Warm regards

Muriel said...

I can't wait for the end-result!

Celine is so cute! ;-)

Desire Fourie said...

Hi Michelle. Its me again. Just to let you know you've been tagged by Doing Life. So hop over there and have a look. Hugs from Desire