Friday, September 17, 2010

What a week!!!!

The past seven days of my life has been so enriching and fulfilling in so many different ways that I don't even know where to start!

Last Friday I drove off to Pretoria to visit my sister and her family for the weekend.  I have to admit that I used her house as a guesthouse to a certain extend as I didn't really spend a lot of time with them. Saturday and Sunday I attended the Scrapbook Convention at Emperor's Palace.  I met so many of my online friends for the very first time in real life.  That was such an amazing experience on it's own.  I want to say a SPECIAL thanks to Tracy, Belma, Sophia Jenny and Amanda who shared my table.  It was so nice to get to know you all.You're a bunch of super dooper great girls!!! 

I also got to meet Michelle Van Wyk, Tertia Jacobs, Cathy Saunders and Jacqui Bourne.  It was so great to see the faces that I've only seen on my screen before, come alive! 

It was absolutely amazing to see Candice Greenway again!  Her class was just as amazing! 

On Saturday evening I had to earn my boarding and lodging by babysitting my little Leeloo angel!  Not that it was any effort at all for me - only one BIG pleasure from beginning to end! :)


We got to make beautiful layouts using the most beautiful products!  Can't wait to unpack it all and play with it again!  Will post some of it once it's completed.

On Monday morning I had to attend a meeting in Rosebank but I also got to visit my other niece, Monya and her beautiful little 6 week old baby boy Danru.  How cute is he?!


Tuesday, I was back at work and had to deal with a personnel crisis of a totally different nature.  I cannot share the details here but it really gave me perspective on my own problems.

From Wednesday to Friday I had to attend a "Personal Insight Workshop".  To be honest, I really didn't feel to positive about this thing that I had to do and I was so NOT looking forward to "talk about my feelings" with a bunch of people I hardly knew.

Boy - how wrong I was!  It turned out to be a real life changing experience for me!  I got the opportunity to get to know a side of my colleagues that I never knew existed! It really turned out to be exactly what the name says - it gave me so much insight into my own heart and soul as well as that of others.  I'm really grateful for the opportunity that I had to attend.

This weekend I hope to get my scraproom sorted and get some of those beautiful layouts from the convention completed. 

But now I'm off to have a relaxing, romantic dinner at my favourite restaurant (Hoi Poloi) with Leon ...

12 comments:

SABEE said...

Wow , what a week you had hunny... so nice to see pics of Michelle and Tertia, wish I was there with you all !
I did a personal insight course too, wow, it is amazing, and does put lots of things into perspective xxxx Lots of love from the UK .

SABEE said...

Wow , what a week you had hunny... so nice to see pics of Michelle and Tertia, wish I was there with you all !
I did a personal insight course too, wow, it is amazing, and does put lots of things into perspective xxxx Lots of love from the UK .

Unknown said...

Hello there gorgeous lady!!! Your comments only gave me more reason to love you!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
I hope you had a wonderful dinner with Mr Leon and WOWEEEEEE I just love all the things you have been up to.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! Sounds like you had a FAB-O week!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

tania said...

Great week you had! Can't wait to see your layouts you made:)Hoi Poloi!!lol we went there once, i enjoyed every minute and all the old things,but hubby wants meat when he asks for it and he only got leaves!!lol!! i had flapjacks with strawberries,yummy!!

Sophia said...

As I said on FB, was a true pleasure sharing our table with you, we sure had some great laughs. Promise to pop into this place they call Parys...♥

Amanda Dovey said...

Hey GF - We are so going to Hoi Poloi when I come visit Parys!! good luck with finishing off the LO's from the convention and thanks so much for being such a cool "Table Mate" and being patient with me checking sizes of cut-outs all the time LOL!!!

Amanda Dovey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefanie said...

Glad you had so much fun there.
Good friends, and scrapping who needs anything more?
I am making my blog private so please email me if you wnat to be added to the invited list. I don't have your email addie.
ssemple at telkomsa dot net

Shayne said...

How divine to have met all those ladies - I have to say i'm a tad jealous! I think i'll have to make a plan for next year perhaps!

And how beautiful is that little boy - gorgeous!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Lucky ladies to have been had the Scrapbook convention...so great to catch up with what is happening in your neck of the woods.

xx

Tracy said...

Hey Michelle .... I am finally popping in to say "HELLO" - always LATE but NEVER NEVER ....

It was sooo awesome meeting you - you are truly one of those rare, very genuine and "super nice" people (I don't like the word nice ... tee hee ... but you just ARE ...). I hope to come and visit you in Parys soon ... you never know, GF ... we may JUST have to plan a roadtrip ...


Love, Tracy