Sunday, August 16, 2009

"My Boys" Mini Album

All this staying at home is making me lazy!!!!!!! I don't know how I'll ever be able to get up early in the mornings to go to work. I've really been spoiled rotten.


On Thursday when the girls from the office came for lunch I did a bit too much running around in the morning. When they arrived and wanted too see all the renovations that we did to the house, I could feel that I'm pushing the limits. That evening my entire body ached! I took it much slower from then on.

We had so much fun and Leon is an excellent chef! We had snails for starters, fillet steak with roasted veggies for mains and chocolate brownies with ice cream for desert. I set the table with a beautiful pink floral tablecloth, pink plates and pink serviettes - a real girly girly table. I even made name cards for each person. Can you believe that I didn't even take one photo?!! I'm really disappointed with myself for that! :( Anyways - here is at least the design of the name cards that I made. I used pink cardstock for the base.
I took some photos this morning of this cute little mini-album that I made with the girls at the LSS a while ago. We made it from scratch and I enjoyed it so much! I used a couple of my favourite photos of my 2 beautiful boys from the past year or so. They're growing up way too fast!


Leon is busy re-loading (one of his many hobbies), so I have time to scrap today! I'm busy with a lo using this sketch from the Swirlydoos site (Thanks for the link Lynette). I'm not really good with following sketches but this one was so pretty - I just had to give it a go. I've even pulled out my paint, so now I'm really having fun! Will show you my finished LO tomorrow.


Hope all of you have a great Sunday!

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hey there
Do you know that Lynette and I are now both on the same dt for a sketch site? www.littleshopofsketches.wordpress.com if you wanted some more sketch inspiration, but then there is a challenge on my www.journalingjunkie.blogspot.com that you might enjoy too. I really do prefer sending my prizes local than overseas. Don't you want to play along there too?
PS love the mini you did.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee that mini......and make sure U take time to rest! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous mini album...I am GOOD at sketches and LOUSY at off the page projects.

That lunch sounds like a winner...yum!

Desire Fourie said...

It sounds like all your colleagues were treated like royalty. The menu sounds real yummy. And oh my, the mini album of your boys are seriously creative. Love how you've incorporated your own handwriting making it so so personal. Can't wait to see your take on the sketch. But, remember to take it easy...
Hugs
Desire

Michelle Ramsay said...

You certainly had a lovely meal. I love your mini album - really special. Listen to your body and don't overdo things!! Keep well.